The Washington Area Intergroup Association (WAIA) celebrates Gratitude Month each November.
We are running our campaign virtually and traditional Gratitude Boxes for In Person meetings. Please contribute on our website or with Venmo @WAIADC and share the details below in your group chat:
WAIA Annual Gratitude Month Collection 2020
Can you spare the price of a drink?
WAIA includes a central office, a Board made up of AA members representing area groups and service committees which help carry the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
Your contributions to WAIA will help ensure the hand of A.A. is always available in person at the office, on the phone 24 hours a day and through our website aa-dc.org.
The pandemic has created a unique set of challenges and we are grateful for contributions to WAIA that have supported:
- 2,100 Calls answered by office staff and volunteers since the first of the year, providing assistance to sick and suffering alcoholics
- Maintaining over 500 online meetings and over 470 In Person Meetings. (Send all meeting changes to email@example.com).
- 2nd Annual Sponsorship Conference and the 43rdnd Annual Old Timers meeting hosted via Zoom
- The LiveChat service has received over 900 visitors since the beginning of the year.
- The Spotify PSA campaign reached the “female-targeted” ad set of 34,696 users resulting in 186 clicks. The “male-targeted” ad set reached 36,936 users and resulted in 227 clicks.
For more information about WAIA, to get involved, get a Gratitude Box mailed to you or have any metting changes or updates, contact us at:
Chips and Literature
You can support WAIA by purchasing your chips and literature from us. Online ordering is not available yet but you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with what you would like and the office will contact you by phone for credit card details.
The current office hours are listed on the home page. You can drop by the office or your orders can be shipped.
4530 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 111 Washington, DC 20008
How do I contribute?
- You can send the donations by check by mail or cash in person to the WAIA office (see above) or – contribute online with credit card, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Bank Account or by Venmo @WAIADC