The Washington Area Intergroup Association (WAIA) celebrates Gratitude Month each November.
We are running our campaign virtually while most meetings remain on Zoom. Please contribute on our website or with Venmo @WAIADC and share the details below in your group chat:
WAIA Annual Gratitude Month Collection 2020
Can you spare the price of a drink?
You can download and print the 2020 GRATITUDE CARD to hold up to your camera at halftime to get the word out!
WAIA includes a central office, a Board made up of AA members representing area groups and service committees which help carry the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
Your contributions to WAIA will help ensure the hand of A.A. is always available in person at the office, on the phone 24 hours a day and through our website aa-dc.org.
The pandemic has created a unique set of challenges and we are grateful for contributions to WAIA that have supported:
- 2,300 Calls answered by office staff and volunteers since the March shutdown, providing assistance to sick and suffering alcoholics
- Over 450 Online meetings set up and available as our physical meeting locations remain closed
- 55,841 people reached via the WAIA Spotify Public Service Announcement campaign
- 2nd Annual Sponsorship Conference and 42nd Annual Old Timers meeting hosted via Zoom
- HelpChat support in navigating new technologies for our meetings
For more information about WAIA or to get involved contact us at:
- 202-966-9115 (24 hours!)
Chips and Literature
You can support WAIA by purchasing your chips and literature from us. Online ordering is coming soon but for now you can email email@example.com with what you would like and the office will contact you by phone for credit card details.
Orders can be shipped but we are also open for curbside pickup Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM or Thursdays 10:00AM – 7:00 PM.
4530 Connecticut Ave. NW Suite 111 Washington, DC 20008
(The office is still closed to visitors and volunteers)
How do I contribute?
- You can send the donations by check by mail or cash in person to the WAIA office (see curbside pickup hours above) or – contribute online with credit card, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Bank Account here or by Venmo @WAIADC
Do I “Split” gratitude month contributions?
- No, gratitude month contributions should be solicited in addition to regular group 7th tradition contributions and are designated for WAIA only.