Meeting Role: Alternate Host
- Once you enter the meeting, open the Participant list.
- At the bottom of the Participant list panel, click Claim Host.
(Could also be in the “3 dots” menu)
- Enter the Host Key as provided by the meeting scheduler or original host.
- The host settings to run the meeting can be found by selecting the three dots icon in the lower right corner of the Participants list panel.
- The meeting should be re-secured by enabling the waiting room (to slow the flood of participants if you get zoom bombed)
- The alternate host can also promote participants to co host (right click their name, or choose “more” and click “make co-host”)
If necessary – the original host can re-claim being the host of a meeting by logging in as normal, clicking the three dots and click “Reclaim Host”